Bozarthzone! Truth About Social Learning
Location: InSync Training WebEx
Room: WebEx Training Center
May 7, 2013 (one day)
Meets 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
Status: This program is completed
Times Listed above are in U.S. Eastern (New York) Time Zone
"Social learning" and "informal learning" are among the training industry's hottest phrases these days. But there's so much confusion over what they mean, and what they mean to those of us in the business. A few truths:
- Social learning isn't new.
- Social learning isn't necessarily ‘managed', ‘launched', ‘controlled', or ‘measured'.
- People in the workplace are learning all the time - without us.
- Those people likely don't think of what they're doing as "learning".
In this session we'll spend some time looking at real examples of social and informal learning as it happens in workplaces all the time, every day. Along the way we'll generate some ideas for locating, supporting and facilitating social learning opportunities toward the greater goal of enhancing organizational performance.
Instructor -- Jane Bozarth
Jane Bozarth is North Carolina's self-appointed "E-Learning Goddess". While her specialty is in finding ways to cut the high costs of e-learning, Jane is also a popular classroom instructor and motivational speaker.
Dr. Bozarth enjoys business writing and is the author of:
- E-Learning Solutions on a Shoestring
- Better than Bullet Points: Creating Engaging E-Learning with PowerPoint
- From Analysis to Evaluation: Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Trainers, and Social Media for Trainers
Her book reviews appear monthly in Training Magazine. - @JaneBozarth on Twitter - Jane Bozarth Bozarthzone on Facebook